Paediatric Emergency Drugs, developed in 2011 to rave reviews*, and already used by thousands of clinicians, calculates: appropriate dosages of commonly used drugs; details of frequently used infusions or boluses; tube sizes; physiological parameters; and more. Commended for being a “smart, simple iPhone app that is a joy to use”, the new version retains the best loved features of the drug and physiological calculators but with a fresh look, expanded drugs library and new guidelines section used by our team to manage children who are critically ill.
The team behind this App are South Thames Retrieval Service (STRS) and the Paediatric Intensive Care of the Evelina London Children's Hospital who have transferred >10,000 critically ill children and look after >1,200 children every year. UBQO, App developers, have distilled this clinical excellence and put it in the palm of your hand.
Paediatric Emergency Drugs brings together expert knowledge and experience in a simple to use, offline and convenient application to facilitate dealing with clinical emergencies in children. Calculations are now available without the need for a computer or access to the internet.
After the entry of patient age or weight, results are instantly presented in a logical and clear manner. Guidelines take the user through resuscitation, investigation and ventilation of the critically ill child.
Paeds Drugs is useful for nurses, doctors, ambulance crew and everyone who needs key paediatric drug data and guidelines in their pocket.
– Entry of patient age or weight
– Calculated Cardiac Arrest Drugs
– Calculated Frequently Used Infusions
– Calculated Induction Agents, Muscle Relaxants and Anticonvulsants
– Over 80 additional Infusion and Bolus Drugs
– Calculated Physiological Parameters
– Calculated Paediatric Tube Sizes & Equipment
– A Handy Infusion Rate & Glucose Calculator
New and improved:
– Over 20 guidelines on management of paediatric illnesses, resuscitation and transport of the critically ill child
– Oxygen flow calculator- choose to calculate how many cylinders are needed for journey or how many hours an oxygen supply lasts
– Tracheostomy tube sizes and lengths incorporated into equipment calculator
– Max limits on all drug calculators
– Further drugs added
– Search and bookmark function so can find your favourite parts of App even quicker
*The Lancet reviews our App: http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(11)60850-7/fulltext